Three covers today

Today I received three letters in my mailbox.

This first one was checked for correct postage, see cancel "Frankering Gecontroleerd". Apparently the cancelling machine either didn't recognize the stamps or could't count 44ctx4+27ct, so a human had to do this. Three stamps on Braille and a personal stamp for promotion of the Dutch book.
 
 

My second lettre is a registerd letter. I purchased some stamps from an auction. Please note that the date of shipping was June 5th but the cancellations are for 26 May 2023 in Zwanenburg; so 11 days before shipping!!! I suppose the the one who cancelled this envelope, forgot to change the date. Dutch mail isn't what it used to be...
Therefore a letter from the old times:



A registered letter from Aalst (N.B.) a village near Eindhoven, to Geneva Switzerland. I used to live in both places. The cover has vife Red Cross stamps from 1963 and was cancelled the first day of use; so a sort of FDC without the official cover.

Reacties