Guyana 1ct Magenta Update

  

Today I received another email from Stanley Gibbons with an update on the One Cent Magneta. I have written about the (disappointing) record amount for this most expensive stamp ever. I also expressed my doubts about splitting the property there. 
 
So, what was in it? Well, not much news really. They are working on it and whether I want to fill out a survey. I'll do that then. 
 
The questions in the survey provided more clarity! Stanley Gibbond wants to divide the ownership among 10,000 shares. They are going to charge 800 Pounds per share! Wow, that's quite a bit. For that price, I can add a lot of real, physical, stamps to my collection. If I buy an SG share, I only get a piece of paper (digital). Doesn't seem collectible to me. Besides, if I want to get rid of it again, how do I do that for about the same price??? 
 
The second and final question was about what I think if I, as a co-owner, had a chance to write my name on the back. I immediately replied that I thought that was absurd and it would damage the stamp. This has nothing to do with collecting stamps anymore. I would simply put it back for auction and have it bought by a collector. I'm afraid they won't listen to me....
 

Reacties